How Wilko Employees Can Make a Protective Award Claim
For Wilko employees exploring this option, legal specialists like Aticus Law can be invaluable. In this article, we'll guide Wilko employees on making a Protective Award claim through Aticus Law.
We're rated 4.8
Facing redundancy is a challenging experience. To safeguard employees' rights during collective redundancies, UK law mandates that employers consult adequately with their staff. Failure to do so can entitle employees to a Protective Award. For Wilko employees exploring this option, legal specialists like Aticus Law can be invaluable. In this article, we'll guide Wilko employees who are facing redundancy on making a Protective Award claim through Aticus Law.
Understanding Protective Award:
A Protective Award is compensation granted to employees when their employer neglects to properly consult with them ahead of making them redundant. The award can be up to 90 days' gross pay, and it's designed to penalise employers for not following proper redundancy procedures.
Get in touch with our experts today for free, no obligation legal advice
Steps to Making a Protective Award Claim Through Aticus Law:
- Reach out to Aticus Law for an initial consultation. Speak to our friendly employment team, who would be more than happy to assist.
- Our Employment team will evaluate the merits of your claim. They'll assess whether Wilko fulfilled their consultation obligations, determining the potential strength of your claim.
- Our Employment team will want evidence, so gather all related documentation, such as redundancy notices, correspondence, and any records of consultation attempts.
- If your case has merit and you decide to proceed, you'll need to formally engage Aticus Law as your legal representatives.
- They'll likely outline their fees, potential costs, and the process at this stage.
- Before filing a tribunal claim, there's a mandatory process of Early Conciliation through the Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (ACAS). Aticus Law will guide you through this, attempting to achieve a resolution before a tribunal is necessary.
Filing the Claim:
- If Early Conciliation doesn’t result in a settlement, Our Employment team will submit a claim for and on your behalf to the Employment Tribunal, formally initiating your Protective Award claim against Wilko.
Employment Tribunal Hearing:
- Our Employment team will represent you at the tribunal hearing, presenting evidence, and arguing your case.
- The tribunal will then make a decision based on the presented facts, determining whether to grant the Protective Award and the appropriate compensation.
Receiving the Award:
- If you're successful, Wilko or the Redundancy Payment Services will be directed to pay the compensation amount determined by the tribunal. If there are issues with payment, Aticus Law can provide guidance on enforcement proceedings.
Navigating the complexities of a Protective Award claim can be daunting. By enlisting the expertise of Aticus Law, Wilko employees can ensure their rights are championed and that they have the best chance of a successful outcome. If faced with redundancy without adequate consultation, seeking legal recourse is not only a means of obtaining deserved compensation but also ensures employers remain accountable.
If you'd like more information, you can speak to our Employment Law Solicitors today.